Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A letter to health professionals

Dave Maybee, RMT
2369 Agricola St.
Halifax, NS
902-405-3710

October 10, 2008

Dear Colleague,

My name is David Maybee and I am a new addition to the extensive community of traditional and holistic health practitioners in Halifax. I am a recent graduate of Northumberland Massage College and also a practicing auricular acupuncturist. In addition to completing my studies in Swedish Massage Therapy, I have been training in German auricular medicine over these past 3 years with Vital Principle Institute (www.vitalprinciple.ca). I am also training as a seminar instructor with VPI.
I am contacting you to introduce myself as a new practitioner in your community, and also to briefly introduce the exciting, relatively new therapy and diagnostic tool I use in my practice. Auricular acupuncture was developed by a medical doctor in France, Dr. Paul Nogier. Using the ear’s extensive map of the brain (representing the homunculus as discovered by Dr. Wilder Penfield) the practitioner can target, very specifically, points in the physical and emotional body of the patient. These reflex areas act as a doorway to sending new messages to the brain using neural plasticity. These new messages received by the brain can bring immediate relieve and even reverse afflictions such as chronic pain and addictions, mental disturbances and hormonal imbalances to name a few. With a few treatments, this intervention can result in an ongoing state of health and repair.
The ear itself is but half of why auricular medicine is so powerful. The Vascular Autonomic Signal (VAS) is a change in the pulse responding to a subtle stimulation of the neurovascular system triggered by information entering the electromagnetic field of the patient. This use of the pulse is a powerful diagnostic tool, possibly the most objective and accurate one known. The VAS is now used by thousands of health professionals in Europe. Using the VAS not only detects active reflex areas in the ear but also can be used to prioritize them from the most important focus (blockage to healing) to the most superficial symptom. Since this tool detects subtle changes in the body’s autonomic nervous system, it can also be utilized to detect substance intolerances, heavy metal toxicities and vitamin deficiencies.
In my practice I offer a unique combination of treatments: auricular medicine with massage therapy, either together in one session or the two modalities separately.
To introduce people to my practice, and in particular the auricular medicine form of treatment, I am offering a free introductory demonstration and information session from 5:30-6:30pm on November 14 at On The Mend Alternative Therapies, 1494 Carlton St.
As I am just starting my practice in Halifax, I am looking to increase my client base. I am open to referrals and would appreciate your consideration of patients whom you feel may benefit from the services I provide. I would like to offer you a complimentary treatment of your choice as well as $15 off the first treatment for any of your patients. If you are interested in more information please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you very much for your continuous dedication to the health of our community. I’m honoured to join you in this effort.

Yours truly,


David Maybee RMT

No comments: